Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 
October 4th, 2006

BaseballReference Day!


Of all the books, blogs and other websites--and there are a lot--I use to generate these entries every day, none is more crucial than BaseballReference. In addition to providing invaluable basic statistic information, BBRef is the source of my "Born on" and "Died on" lists, and a whole host of interesting features like the Baseball Oracle. Today, Sean Foreman the man behind BBRef has added the 2006 stats. I could spend a week scrolling around, checking out an OPS+ here, the standing on that day there. I goofed around for nearly half an hour seeing new ways Derek Jeter can be connected to Reggie Jackson; in addition to their October heroics, Jeter has now played with Bobby Abreu who played with Mike Lieberthal who played with Dave Leiper who played with Jackson.

All of which is a very long way of saying you should head over to BBRef today and check it all out. Sponsor a page if you can, I'll be doing so myself over the next couple of days when I pick suitably deserving players. It's an absolute gem of a site, and it would be a shame to let the newest stats go unnoticed.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares