Thursday, September 21, 2006

 
September 21st, 1977

Brian Tallet Born


Brian appeared in yesterday's Yankee game--oh, just like last year, I'm accepting shirts--and being that my family recently entered the twenty-first century and got cable, I got to see Brian Tallet for the first time. Tallet is a tall (6'7") and generally underwhelming left-handed reliever who spent the first three years of his career in Cleveland and this bouncing between Toronto and Triple-A Syracuse. Simply listening to the radio, as I used to, there is nothing to distinguish Tallet from any of the other parade of mediocrities seeking to become the next Mike Myers.

On television however, the true Brian Tallet emerges. I guess the nicest way of putting it is that Tallet has a look going. I don't quite understand what look it's supposed to be, but it's a look either way. In addition to the rather prominent sideburns you can see on Tallet in this photo, he's since added a rather bushy mustache and allowed his rather curly hair to grow out the back of his cap. The overall effect is of a nearly seven-foot Groucho Marx with large sideburns pitching for the Blue Jays. I wish I could explain Brian's decision making in all this, but I'm afraid it's as much of a mystery to me as it to you. We can only stand and admire.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares