Friday, August 12, 2005

 

August 12th, 1994

Major League Baseball Goes on Strike


I attended the last game at Yankee Stadium before the strike. I didn't know it was going to be; I went with my day camp actually, but at least I can claim some trivia. I have written about the strike before, so I won't rehash it here, but I will offer some advice. Chances are if you're reading this, you're a pretty big baseball fan--I assume casual fans don't stop by to hear about the Elmer Valo's and Jim Kern's of the baseball world every day--the next chance you get to watch a game live, or on TV or the radio or even on one of those goofy on-line things, do it. Major League, Minor League, whatever. While we have baseball now, you never know when stupid people will come along and take it away again, so enjoy it.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares